Eggless whole wheat almond cookies – They were just Perfect if I may say so. I have been planning to make ladoo for some time but ended up making these. Still, NO ONE complained ;-)
For a long time now, I have been trying to cut down consumption of store-bought biscuits/ cookies. Earlier we were having them with morning tea, evening tea, at snack time without realizing how much sugar, refined flour, and fat we were consuming.
My kids love cookies and we had to start replacing store-bought cookies with homemade ones soon to make them happy.
These cookies are made with whole wheat flour and ghee which are both good for kids. I use brown sugar in this recipe which makes them extra crisp and adds a special flavor to the cookies. If you want you can make these with white sugar also.
My kids absolutely love these. I had to keep the cookies in the lock to save some for photos.
To make Eggless Whole Wheat Almond Cookies
Preheat the oven to 180° C for 10 minutes.
Mix flour, sugar, salt, powdered almonds, and cardamom powder nicely. Add ghee to the dry mixture.
Mix evenly rubbing with your fingertips. Now use milk to make the dough. Start by adding a little milk and keep on adding till you get a soft dough.
The number of cookies will depend on the size. I got around 18 big cookies. divide the dough into 18 balls. Give shape to the cookies. Press slivered almonds with gentle hands-on the cookies. Bake at 180° C for 15- 20 minutes.
Baking time depends a lot on your oven. So keep an eye on them when you bake them for the first time.
Once baked take out of the oven immediately and leave undisturbed for 5 minutes. Cookies are very soft right out of the oven and they will become firm after 5 minutes.
Shift them to the wire rack to cool down completely. Store in an airtight container.
Eggless Wholewheat Almond Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup almonds powdered
- 1/2 cup brown sugar powdered or white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180° C for 10 minutes.
Prepare the cookie dough
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, powdered almonds, and cardamom powder nicely in a bowl.
- Add ghee to the dry mixture.
- Mix evenly rubbing with your fingertips.
- Now use milk to make the dough. Start by adding a little milk and keep on adding till you get a soft dough.
Bake the cookies
- The number of cookies will depend on the size. I got around 18 big cookies.
- Divide the dough into 18 balls. Give shape to the cookies.
- Press slivered almonds on the cookies with gentle hands.
- Bake at 180° C for 15- 20 minutes.
- Once baked take out of the oven immediately and leave undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Cookies are very soft right out of the oven and they will become firm after 5 minutes.
- Shift them to wire rack to cool down completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
When you make these Almond cookies don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and Facebook or use the hashtag #whatscookingmom
You can share your pics with us on email also (firstname.lastname@example.org)
I tried the cookies , they turned out too good!! Love the fact that I didn’t have to use baking powder or soda .
Hello Preethi. so glad to hear that you loved the recipe.
Yummy craving for some
Thanks a lot, Anu. Wish I could parcel you some 🙂
Tried this cookies. Came out awesome. Thanks for sharing this recipe
Hearing that makes me so happy:-)
Hi ..any idea how to replace ghee with coconut oil in cookies in general?
Hello Priya. I think you can use the same amount as ghee though I have not tried it. Coconut oil has a very unique flavor. you should consider that also.
I tried these cookies and they were super!
Best part is that it doesn’t have maida,baking soda or baking powder!…
They got over immediately
Thanks & regards!
So glad to hear that you and your family liked these. Yes, you are right this is the best part about them 🙂