Masala Pav – famous Mumbai Street food. This is a really flavourful snack, very easy to make, ready in a jiffy, can be made in large quantities without any extra effort which makes it ideal for kids’ birthday parties or kitty parties.
I love this kind of recipe a lot. there are many recipes I have already posted like pineapple salsa canapes, tomato bruschetta, and white sauce sandwich. These recipes not only make a good tea time, after school snack but are also crowd-pleasers. and these don’t require much effort to make.
To make this yummy dish more tempting for kids, I have added some grated cheese and Sev in garnishing. In my experience with my kids adding cheese in any form always has a positive effect on kids appetite 😉
How to make Masala Pav
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: around 20 minutes
makes 4 pav
1 tbsp butter
2 onion chopped
1/2 capsicum chopped
3 tomatoes chopped
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp chopped green chilies
salt to taste
½ tsp red chili powder
½ tsp pav bhaji masala
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/ dhania
juice of ½ lemon
2 tsp butter
chopped coriander leaves
To make Masala Pav
First of all get everything ready. Heat butter in a pan.
Saute onions for 2-3 minutes. add grated ginger, chopped green chilies, and capsicum and cook for another minute.
now you can add tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add salt, red chili powder, and pav bhaji masala. Add a little water now and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
when cooked add chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and mix well. Switch off the flame. Masala for Masala Pav is ready.
Heat 1 tsp butter in a pan. Slit 2 pavs and place it in the butter.
Cook lightly from both sides. add a big spoonful of prepared masala on one half of pav and cover with the other half.
Spread some masala on top of the pav also. Cook the rest of the pav also in the same way.
Serve hot garnished with chopped onions, coriander leaves, grated cheese, sev, and Lemon wedges.
These taste best when served hot.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 onion chopped
- 1/2 capsicum chopped
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp chopped green chilies
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp pav bhaji masala
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/ dhania
- juice of ½ lemon
- 4 pav
- 2 tsp butter
- chopped onions
- chopped coriander leaves
- cheese grated
- lemon wedges
- First of all, get everything ready. Heat butter in a pan.
- Saute onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated ginger, chopped green chilies, and capsicum and cook for another minute.
- Now you can add tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt, red chili powder, and pav bhaji masala.
- Add a little water now and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- When cooked add chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and mix well. Switch off the flame. Masala for Masala Pav is ready.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter in a pan. Slit 2 pav and place it in the butter.
- Cook lightly from both sides.
For Masala Pav
- Add a big spoonful of the prepared masala on one half of the pav and cover with the other half.
- Spread some of the vegetable masala on top of the pav also. Cook rest of the pav also in the same way.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped onions, coriander leaves, grated cheese, sev, and Lemon wedges.
- These taste best when served hot.
When you make Masala Pav recipe don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and Facebook or use this hashtag #whatscookingmom
You can share your pics with us on email also (firstname.lastname@example.org)
It turned out awesome. Whole family loved it.
That really made my day Kavita 🙂
Thanks Priyanka so much 🙂
Agness of Run Agness Run
Such an easy and palatable dish, Nidhi. I’ll either prepare it at home or go directly to India to try it first-hand. Thanks for making my mouth watering!
Thank you so much. You should give it a try at home. It is super duper easy :-).
I love pav bhaji..But it’s messy to serve it like that..This is such a fun way to eat and serve Pav Bhaji!! And I love how you have garnished it with sev and cheese! Yummy!
Thanks, Deepika. kids also liked it more as it has all the flavor but fewer vegetables than pav bhaji 😉 🙂
Its really tasty and healthy dish which can be made in a jiffy. Looking forward to more n more healthy adventurous recipes
Isn’t it Gayatri. Thanks for your kind words. Will be posting some more recipes like this soon.