Mocha Biscuit Cake
What can I say about this Mocha Biscuit Cake? It is a 3 ingredient recipe. Very very easy to make. Delicious, Pure indulgence, and layers of coffee-flavored biscuits smeared with Nutella. Ready in 5 minutes.
I can say a lot about it but what I really want to mention is that it was made by my nephew and nieces and the youngest one of them is 5 years old. Yes 5 years old. I think that sums it up real nice.
Last month I was visiting my cousins and we were discussing recipes and all. So I asked bhabhi( She is the one who showed me how to make lasagna) about a fridge cake recipe I had tasted at her home 6-7 years back.
She had no clue what I was talking about. I gave her some hints about how it looked and she said okay my daughter will make it for you and if you like it you can put it on the blog. Perfectly fine with me.
Like it would be an understatement. I loved these and the fact that it was made by kids. They were so excited about it. As it turned out this was not the recipe I was looking for. But who is complaining? 😉
Bhabhi has been making this Mocha Biscuit cake for 28 years now since her college days. She used to make it with her own homemade chocolate spread.
Nutella is available in stores nowadays and life could not be simpler. But if you do not want to use Nutella you can make the chocolate sauce at home as I have made in Homemade Bounty Bars Recipe.
How to make Mocha Biscuit Cake
Recipe Source: Chandrika with sous chef Ria and Aadit Jain
Preparation time: 3-5 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minute
makes 2 Mocha Biscuit Cake logs
30 Marie Biscuits
½ cup of water
1 tsp instant coffee powder/ or chocolate powder
Boil water and add coffee powder to it. Let it brew for one minute. Switch off the flame let it cool down. Dip Marie biscuits in coffee decoction and keep on a foil.
Spread Nutella on the biscuit.
Keep on stacking 15 biscuits one by one in the same manner.
Spread Nutella on its sides and top also. If you do not want too much Nutella you can skip this step. but my kids loved it with Nutella smeared on all sides.
Cover with foil and leave in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
Prepare the second log in the same way.
Mocha cake is ready. Cut diagonally to get beautiful symmetrical lines of Nutella.
Keep in the freezer and serve cold.
Mocha Biscuit Cake
- 30 Marie Biscuits
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder or chocolate powder
- ½ cup of water
- Boil water and add coffee powder to it.
- Let it brew for one minute.
- Switch off the flame let it cool down.
- Dip Marie biscuits in coffee decoction and keep on a foil.
- Spread Nutella on the biscuit.
- Keep on stacking 15 biscuits one by one in the same manner.
- Spread Nutella on its sides and top also.
- If you do not want too much Nutella you can skip this step. but my kids loved it with Nutella smeared on all sides.
- Cover with foil and leave in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Prepare the second log in the same way.
- Mocha cake is ready.
- Cut diagonally to get beautiful symmetrical lines of Nutella.
- Keep in the freezer and serve cold.
When you make this Mocha Biscuit Cake Recipe recipe don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and Facebook or use this hashtag #whatscookingmom
You can share your pics with us on email also (firstname.lastname@example.org)