School Lunch Box Ideas/tiffin ideas- Schools have opened ( finally !!) after 2 months of summer break and life is back to normal. But kids are having a hard time going back to school after long holidays.
Packing the lunch box is another struggle as they have to be lured into going to school by making their favorite dishes. I keep on adding new tiffin ideas to this list so don’t forget to save this post.
I really hate to see food left in the lunch boxes when kids come back from school because they did not feel like eating it. We can not compromise on nutrition also. It has to be tasty and healthy.
Parantha with vegetables is my first choice for kids School lunch boxes. Kids need variety and get bored with parantha in 2-3 days. So I try my best to pack some healthy snacks too.
I have prepared a list of items my kids love to take in their school lunch boxes. I hope these help you in packing your kid’s lunch box. If you have some recipe that your kids enjoy taking in their tiffin box I would love to hear about that. Please leave a comment below about that.
We try kids to eat vegetables, fruits, low-fat dairy products daily. Most of these Tiffin ideas have lots of vegetables in them which makes it suitable for kids’ school lunch boxes.
Our blog post, school lunch box ideas have been mentioned by the leading paper ‘THE HINDU’ in their article lunchtime treat.
Here is the list of school lunch box ideas
Spicy vegetable toast
My son took these to school and when he came home he said mom you have to send 2 tiffins of these now bcoz his friends loved them so much that there was not enough left.
This is also perfect to take in lunchboxes and you can sneak in as many vegetables as you like.
You can prepare the batter night before and steam the dhokla in the morning. A very healthy option.
Cute isn’t it :-). Suji Uttapam or semolina pancakes are quite easy to make and healthy.
Bread cup pizza
I have not really sent them in my kid’s lunchbox yet but my son is asking me to make these for some time. Maybe I will give it a try this week.
This one is a childhood favorite of mine. I used to love taking these in the lunch box. you can prepare the potato mixture in advance and prepare the rolls in the morning.
Moong Dal Dhokla
Though it tastes best when fresh this can be sent in the kid’s school lunch box as a side dish. one of the best Tiffin ideas. Gluten-free and protein-rich snack
Hung Curd Sandwich
very easy to make. Yummy, healthy, packed with vegetables, I rest my case 😉
My kids love it. I usually make this with leftover Poha but you can make it with fresh poha also.
Some more ideas For School Lunch Box for kids
Kids never say no to take these in their lunch boxes. And these hardly take any time to make. you can add more veggies too as per your preference.
This is my kid’s new favorite and I am not complaining. I love to pack these cute Appe in their school lunch box as these are not only yummy but healthy too. And let’s face it there are not many healthy options that kids also love;-)
these Kebabs can be paired up with a salad or some yogurt dip. Full of Protein and Nutrition these make a healthy choice. you have to plan ahead for this recipe. you can boil chana a day before to save time in the morning.
A yummy way to replace plain flour noodles with nutritious whole wheat flour roti/ chapati. you can prepare Roti day before to save time in the morning.
Love these Tiffin ideas. Don’t forget to pin it for future reference.
Some points to keep in mind while packing the kid’s school lunch box
- School lunch boxes keep food hot for 1-2 hours only. so always pack things kids enjoy at room temperature also.
- Avoid packing items with juice, too much oil as they can leak.
Things that turn sour, bitter should be avoided
- Plan for the lunch box the day before. If you can do some preparations the day before it will help in the morning to save time.
- if your kids love sandwiches in the lunch box try to different varieties of bread.
- You can always turn your sandwich into a wrap if your kids like that and make it more healthy by switching bread with tortilla, Roti, Parathas.
- Include variety of Fruits and vegetables in the kid’s lunch boxes.
- Bright colored foods always catch kids attention.
- A protein-rich diet will keep kids full and energetic. so try to use cheese, cottage cheese/paneer, lentils, chole, rajma in their lunch box.
- you can always add carrot stick, cucumber to cover for lack of veggies in your snack. vegetables are a must in kids’ diets.