Easy Quinoa Salad – Quinoa is Gluten-free, high in fiber, minerals, and a rich source of protein. It is considered a super grain. It doesn’t make much time to cook and can be eaten as a vegetable salad, fruit salad, or you can add these to your patties for burgers, stir-frys, casseroles, fritters. A very healthy nutritious food that will keep you full for longer and you will not have those cravings for munching all day.
I have been thinking of sharing some quinoa recipes with you for a long time.
( pic by Anu Jain)
So as soon as I saw this pic of Easy Quinoa Salad made by my sister Anu I thought this will be perfect for sharing with you.
How to make Easy Quinoa Salad
Recipe and some of the pics have been submitted by Anu Jain
Preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 10-15 minutes
1 tbsp Quinoa
water to boil Quinoa approximately 150 ml
1 cup chopped vegetables of your choice ( she has used here Zucchini, Broccoli, Red and Yellow peppers, and Cucumber)
1 tsp oil/ghee to Sautè vegetables ( optional as she adds them raw)
For Salad Dressing
salt & pepper to taste
juice of half lemon
1/2 tsp Olive oil ( optional)
To make Easy Quinoa Salad
(pic by Anu Jain)
Boil water in a pan. add Quinoa, let it boil uncovered for some time. When quinoa has softened switch off the flame (if there is excess water left strain it). Cover it and let it come to room temperature.
if you like a cold salad then keep the quinoa in the fridge for some time.
In a small bowl prepare the salad dressing. Mix everything mentioned under the dressing
Now you can have veggies either lightly Sauteèed, or raw, this is your preference.
if you like Sauteè veggies in your salad then in a pan heat oil and lightly Sautè broccoli and zucchini. Peppers and cucumber need not be cooked just add them Raw.
Now in a bowl mix everything. Quinoa, prepared veggies, salad dressing and give it a good mix. Keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for all the flavors to blend.
Enjoy your Gluten-free, protein-rich yummy salad.
(pic by Anu Jain)
You can also make this Quinoa fruit salad. just add all the fruits of your choice, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and chaat masala, and enjoy 🙂
Other healthy recipes you might like
Sweet and Sour Mango Salad
Apple Carrot Cucumber salad
Kale Chane Kebab
Yellow Moong Dal Salad ( Lentil Salad)
Yellow Zucchini Soup
Easy Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1 tbsp Quinoa
- water to boil Quinoa approximately 150 ml
- 1 cup chopped vegetables of your choice Zucchini, Broccoli, Red and Yellow peppers, and Cucumber
- 1 tsp oil/ghee to Sautè vegetables optional. you can add these raw also
For salad dressing
- salt & pepper to taste
- juice of half lemon
- 1/2 tsp Olive oil optional
- Boil water in a pan. Add Quinoa, let it boil uncovered for some time.
- When quinoa has softened switch off the flame
- If there is excess water left strain it.
- Cover it and let it come to room temperature.
- If you like a cold salad then keep the quinoa in the fridge for some time.
- In a small bowl prepare the salad dressing.
- Mix everything mentioned under the dressing
Prepare Vegetables or Fruits
- If you like Sauteèd veggies in your salad then in a pan heat oil and lightly Sautè broccoli and zucchini.
- Now in a bowl mix everything.
- Quinoa, prepared veggies, salad dressing and give it a good mix.
- Keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for all the flavors to blend.
- Enjoy your Gluten-free, protein-rich yummy salad.
When you make Easy Quinoa Salad recipe don’t forget to tag @whatscookingmom on Instagram and Facebook or use this hashtag #whatscookingmom
You can share your pics with us on email also (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A bowl full of nutrition and a delicious meal.
Thanks, Anu for sharing this recipe.
Very Tasty and a colourful healthy recipe…
THanks, Karan. It sure is.
Lovely recipe Nidhi!! I have been trying to include some quinoa in my diet for its high protein content! This is a simple recipe..And its healthy too..
Exactly Deepika.Quinoa is a super grain and can be had in so many ways. I will try to add more quinoa recipes soon 🙂