Yellow Moong Dal Salad – this healthy salad is crunchy, tangy, and choke-full of nutrition. It makes a light snack also.
I know you all are busy with Diwali preparations. So am I, so it will be a short post 😉
During festival time, there is lots of cleaning involved and lots of cooking too. And then there is that eating part 😉 with so many sweets and snacks at home, it becomes essential that we add some healthy dishes also to our diet.
well, look no further. This quick recipe effectively takes care of that.
Add in whatever vegetables you want and remove what you don’t like.
A very quick recipe it hardly takes 10 minutes to stir up (not including the soaking time). You can prepare this two ways.
You can saute soaked dal if you want your salad crunchy or you can just add tadka to soaked dal and have it as it is.
This protein rich salad is packed with healthy nutrients. Moong dal is a good source of protein, rich in anti oxidants and vitamins. It is very light and digests easily.
How to make Yellow Moong Dal Salad
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 3-4 minutes
soaking time: 2- 3hours
1/2 cup yellow Moong Dal ( Split Moong Dal)
1 cucumber chopped
1/2 carrot grated
1/4 red bell pepper sliced
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp pomegranate arils
juice of a half lemon
1/4 tsp chopped green chilies
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp rai/ mustard seeds
1 tsp olive oil/ghee/coconut oil
1/8 tsp asafoetida/heeng
Note: you can add onions, tomato also to the salad.
To make Yellow Moong Dal Salad
wash and soak the dal for 2-3 hours.
Drain the dal and stand it in a colander to dry.
Heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida and mustard seeds. when it starts crackling add soaked dal and green chilies and saute for 2-3 minutes. Don’t overcook it. It makes the dal dry. Switch off the flame. let it cool down for 10-15 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the salad and give it a good mix. The salad is ready. Serve immediately.
Yellow Moong Dal Salad
- 1/2 cup yellow Moong Dal (split Moong Dal)
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 1/4 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp pomegranate arils
- juice of a half lemon
- 1/4 tsp green chilies chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp rai/ mustard seeds
- 1 tsp virgin olive oil/ghee/ virgin coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp Heeng/asafoetida
- Wash and soak the dal for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the dal and stand it in a colander to dry.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add asafoetida and mustard seeds.
- When it starts crackling add soaked dal and green chilies and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Don't overcook it. It makes the dal dry.
- Switch off the flame.
- Let it cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the salad and give it a good mix.
- The salad is ready. Serve immediately.
When you make this Yellow Moong Dal salad recipe don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and Facebook or use this hashtag #whatscookingmom
You can share your pics with us on email also (email@example.com)