Vegetable toast – These spicy vegetable Toasts are perfect appetizers for kids parties as these are bite-sized and can be made in any desired fun shapes.
These are also very nutritious as these have lots of veggies. The best part about this recipe is you can make them ahead of time and then heat them in a non-stick pan just before serving. These are my kid’s favorite school lunch box snack.
You can sprinkle cheese and oregano and bake the slices rather than shallow frying to get a healthy bread pizza.
I ate these for the first time at my aunt’s (mausi) house and it was love at first bite. She used to make these with potato stuffing the same as used in parathas (Indian flatbread) and that is how I used to make it for some years.
One day my son was crying for Pizza and I was not in a mood to bake it. So I added all the Pizza toppings to potato mixture and my kids loved it.
Since then I have been experimenting with this recipe always adding some new vegetables to the recipe and results have always been great.
Our recipe spicy vegetable Toast has been published in the September 2014 issue of CHILD magazine in the right Lunch Article
Spicy Vegetable Toast
Spicy Vegetable Toast
Prepare the filling
- Mash the potatoes.
- Add all the vegetables, spices, green chilies, and coriander to the mashed potatoes.
- You can taste the mixture and adjust spices accordingly.
Assemble the Toast
- Take a bread slice and cut it into the desired shape.
- You can cut it round, rectangular, or square.
- I have cut 4 square pieces out of 1 slice of bread.
- Spread mixture on both sides of the bread.
Cook the Toast
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle and grease it lightly with oil.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown just like pancakes using a little oil.
- Repeat with all the remaining slices of bread.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
To make Spicy Vegetable toast
Mash the potatoes.
Add all the vegetables, spices, green chilies, and coriander to the mashed potatoes. you can add a variety of vegetables to this toast.
You can taste the mixture and adjust spices accordingly.
Take a bread slice and cut it into the desired shape.
You can cut it round, rectangular, or square. I have cut 4 square pieces out of 1 slice of bread.
Spread mixture on both sides of the bread. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle and grease it lightly with oil.
Cook on both sides till golden brown just like pancakes using a little oil. Repeat with all the remaining slices of bread.
Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
We are always worried about packing kid’s school lunch.
Check my post School Lunch Box Ideas for more ideas.
When you make Spicy Vegetable Toast recipe don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and Facebook or use this hashtag #whatscookingmom
You can share your pics with us on email also (firstname.lastname@example.org)