Masala grilled toast or veg grilled Sandwich – ready in less than 10 minutes, this sandwich is perfect for the evening snack, breakfast, or for kids lunch box just like hung curd sandwich.
Nowadays kids are home because of the summer holidays, and I have to come up with quick and easy kid-friendly snacks to keep them full and happy. This recipe works best at times like that.
This sandwich is served in the younger son’s school canteen, and whenever we go to his school for the parent-teacher meet, we have to buy this for him. My both kids love this sandwich, and it is perfect when you don’t have much time for cooking.
you can add vegetables of your choice or seasonal vegetables to the sandwich also. It is also one of the easiest recipes for college students in dorms.
A grilled sandwich is called by many names like grilled toast, cheese sandwich, or grilled cheese toast. you can call it by any name you like it always tastes super awesome.
Grilled Sandwich is so easy to make. Kids love its Crispy texture.
YOu can make Grilled sandwich in a sandwich Maker, Griddle, or Grill plate/ pan
what do you put on a grilled sandwich?
Use any vegetables as per your taste and convenience. I use Onion and capsicum. you can also use Olives, Jalapeno, Corn red and yellow peppers, Sauteed Broccoli, Mushroom, and Spinach.
How to make Masala Grilled Toast
Preparation time: 5 minutes
grilling time: 2 minutes each or according to your sandwich maker
makes 4 Masala grilled toast
8 bread slices
4 tsp cheese spread ( you can increase or decrease as per your taste)
1 tbsp oil or butter for coating bread
1 onion chopped
1/2 capsicum chopped
For tomato ketchup mixture
4 tsp sauce/ tomato ketchup
1 tsp oregano or Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp Chaat masala
1/4 tsp red chili powder ( optional)
salt to taste
Note 1. you can add boiled corn, olives, pineapple, broccoli to these toast also.
2. you can also use pizza sauce in place of tomato sauce mixture we are making here.
To make Masala Grilled Toast
In a bowl add all the ingredients mentioned under for tomato ketchup mixture.
Add chopped vegetables. Taste it and adjust the flavors according to your taste.
On one slice of bread, apply tomato sauce mixture. On the other slice apply cheese spread and cover the first slice. Apply a light coat of oil or butter on bread slices before grilling. Grill in your griller, sandwich maker, or on tawa.
Crispy Crunchy Delicious Masala grilled toast will be ready in about 2 minutes or when both sides turn crisp. Serve Hot.
Note: If you are packing this for kid’s lunch box let the sandwich cool down completely before packing otherwise it will turn soggy.
Masala grilled toast
- 8 bread slices
- 4 tsp cheese spread you can increase or decrease as per your taste
- 1 tbsp oil or butter for coating bread
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 capsicum chopped
For tomato ketchup mixture
- 4 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder optional
- salt to taste
- In a bowl add all the ingredients mentioned under for tomato ketchup mixture.
- Add chopped vegetables.
- Taste it and adjust the flavors according to your taste.
- On one slice of bread, apply tomato sauce mixture.
- On the other slice apply cheese spread and cover the first slice.
- Apply a light coat of oil or butter on bread slices before grilling.
- Grill in your griller, sandwich maker, or on tawa.
- Crispy Crunchy Delicious Masala grilled toast will be ready in about 2 minutes or when both sides turn crisp.
- Serve Hot.
1. You can add boiled corn, olives, pineapple, broccoli to these toast also. 2. You can also use pizza sauce in place of tomato sauce mixture we are making here. 3. If you are packing this for kid's lunch box let the sandwich cool-down entirely before packing otherwise it will turn soggy.
We are always worried about packing kid’s school lunch.
Check my post School Lunch Box Ideas for more ideas.
When you make Masala Grilled Toast recipe don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and Facebook or use this hashtag #whatscookingmom
You can share your pics with us on email also (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Quick and easy snack
Thanks. Yes, it is and that’s what makes it perfect for quick snacking 🙂
Thanks a lot 🙂
A nice sunday breakfast recipe will make tomorrow for mum and dad
Thanks Ambika. Hope they like it
Recently I’ve tried your recipe of masala grilled toast and it was amazing! my children enjoyed it a lot! keep up the good work
Thank you, Lucas 🙂
Another healthy and easy recipe Nidhi. Thank you and keep up the good work.
Thanks, Sailaja. It is sweet comments like yours that keep me going 🙂
Wow! That looks so easy and delicious ☺️ I love the step by step pictures Nidhi.. Will try it out soon!
Thanks, Deepika. yes this one is a very easy recipe 🙂