Vegetarian Thai Green Curry – A very easy to make, vegetarian Thai curry made with Green curry paste and coconut milk and lots of vegetables. This is definitely one of the easiest recipes. It goes well with steamed rice or noodles and makes a healthy quick lunch or dinner. I love Thai Curries because of their exotic flavors and a yummy blend of spices and herbs.
What if I told you that this Vegetarian Thai curry was made by my Son and not me. Yes, that’s True :-):-)
Nowadays kids are at home because of school vacations. Both my sons are equally fond of cooking and many Sundays are spent in the kitchen with all 4 of us contributing to making lunch or dinner.
My son made this Curry from start to finish. He even ordered the veggies online himself to make this.
My job was to cut and clean the vegetables and cook the Noodles. And click the photos of course 😉
How to make Vegetarian Thai Green curry
Vegetarian Thai Green curry
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp Oil we used coconut oil
- 2 Onions sliced
- 1 small Carrot sliced into rounds
- 5-6 baby corn cut lengthwise
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 Pepper sliced into thin strips green, red, yellow. you can use any one or combination of these
- 2 tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste I have used readymade Curry paste
- 400 ml of coconut milk you will need 200 ml more if you are making for 4 and want a creamy thick curry
- water as required
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 10-15 basil leaves
- juice of a lemon to be added just before eating
- lemon wedges
Goes well with
- Rice Steamed
- Rice Noodles
To make Vegetarian Thai Green curry
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a deep bottomed pan or kadhai. When the oil is hot add onions, peppers, Carrots, Baby corn, and Broccoli. Sauté the vegetables on high flame for 3-4 minutes. When veggies are a little tender, take them out and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Add curry paste and cook for a minute.
- Now add coconut milk to the paste and give it a good stir so that there are no lumps. Add salt and sugar and 1 cup of water.
check consistency and spices.
- Taste the curry and adjust the spices. You can add more water or coconut milk depending on the consistency you want. Now add the vegetables. Let it simmer for 7-8 minutes for all the flavors to blend in. Switch off the flame. Thai Green Curry is ready. Garnish with basil leaves.
- Lemon juice should be added just before serving.
- Serve this hot spicy Flavorful Vegetarian Thai Green Curry with rice noodles or steamed rice.
To make Vegetarian Thai Green curry / Vegan Curry
Sauté the vegetables( onions, peppers, Carrots, Baby corn, and Broccoli) on high flame for 3-4 minutes.
When veggies are a little tender, take them out and keep aside otherwise they will be overcooked.
Cook curry paste for a minute for releasing flavors.
When you add coconut milk to the paste, give it a good stir so that there are no lumps.
Taste the vegan curry and adjust the spices. you can add more water or coconut milk depending on the consistency you want.
After adding the vegetables, simmer for 7-8 minutes for all the flavors to blend in.
Basil leaves and Lemon juice should add a very nice flavor.
Serve this hot spicy Flavorful Veg Thai Curry with rice noodles or steamed rice.
Like this Recipe. Then you would like Veg Thai Red Curry recipe also.